The Smart Videohub CleanSwitch 12 x 12 6G-SDI from Blackmagic Design is a mixed format router with 12 6G-SDI inputs and 12 6G-SDI outputs for routing any combination of SD, HD, Ultra HD 4K, and DCI 4K video. The CleanSwitch model allows for re-timing of SDI feeds, so all switches are timed to happen between frames. It supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 color sampling and 10-bit processing for smoother gradations. Housed in a 1RU frame, the Smart Videohub is ideal for use in both large broadcast systems or portable mini racks for live productions. A built-in LCD lets view your sources directly on the router itself, with simple push buttons and spin knob provided for control. Routing can also be controlled using dedicated remote panels or over Ethernet using the included software for Mac OS X and Windows. You can even use the available iPad app to change routing over your wireless network.
Note: IEC power cable is not included.
- 12x 6G-SDI inputs / 12x 6G-SDI outputs
- Auto-detects between SD, HD, Ultra HD 4K, and DCI 4K and instantly switches standards
- Built-in SDI reclocking on every SDI input
- Supports 8-bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 signals
- 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 color sampling with 10-bit processing
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 30p
- Supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 24p
- HD Video Resolutions up to 1080p60
- Supports 16 channels of embedded audio on each SDI signal
- Reference input compatible with black burst and tri-sync
- Built-in video monitoring and spin knob control
- Push buttons on front panel
- On-screen labels support Unicode so they work in non-Roman character sets such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, French, Spanish, and more
- Videohub control software included for control over Ethernet
- Ethernet control allows direct connection to the computer network and is compatible with Videohub Smart Control and Videohub Master Control panels
- Apple iPad control panel app available
- Create your own custom router control with free software developer kit
- Machined aluminum 1RU chassis
- IEC power cable required
|SDI Video Input||12|
|SDI Video Output||12|
|SDI Rates||270Mb, 1.5G, 3G, 6G.|
|Video Input Re-Sync||On all 12 inputs for clean switch|
|SDI Relocking||On all SDI outputs.|
|Reference Input||Tri-Sync or Black Burst.|
|Control Panel Connection||Ethernet.|
|Serial Control Connection||RJ-7 RS-422.|
|Multi Rate Support||Auto detection of SD, HD or 6G-SDI. Simultaneous routing of 4K, HD, SD video and DVB-ASI.|
|Router Control||12 buttons for local control of Videohub. 6 buttons and scroll wheel for control of LCD display or RJ45 Ethernet.|
|Router Configuration||Via front panel LCD or use either RJ45 Ethernet or USB 2.0 for setting IP address only.|
|RS-422 Router Control||1 x input for controlling router crosspoint switching.|
|SD Format Support||525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL|
|HD Format Support||720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
|2K Format Support||2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF|
|Ultra HD Format Support||2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30|
|4K Format Support||4K DCI 23.98p, 4K DCI 24p, 4K DCI 25p, 4K DCI 29.97p, 4K DCI 30p|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE 425M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.|
|SDI Video Sampling||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|SDI Audio Sampling||Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.|
|SDI Color Precision||4:2:2 and 4:4:4 10 bit.|
|SDI Color Space||YUV or RGB.|
|SDI Auto Switching||Automatically selects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 6G-SDI and DVB-ASI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard.|
|SDI Metadata Support||Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M.|
|Built-in Control Panel||12 buttons for local control of Videohub with 6 buttons and scroll wheel for menu control. 2.2 inch color display.|
|External Control Panel||Includes Blackmagic Videohub software control panel for Mac OS X and Windows.
Supports Blackmagic Smart Control and Blackmagic Master Control hardware panels.
Includes Blackmagic Videohub SDK and Ehternet Videohub Control Protocol.
|Display||Built-in LCD for video and menu settings.|
|Software Control||Router control included free for Windows™ and Mac OS X™.|
|Internal Software Upgrade||Via included updater application.|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later.
Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
|Power Fail Protection||Router connections preserved and restored instantly at power on.|
|Power Supply||IEC power cable required. 90 - 240V AC input.|
|Physical Specifications||1 rack unit size. Less than 6 inches deep.|
|Operating temperature:||0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)|
|Storage temperature:||-20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)|
|Relative Humidity:||0% to 90% non-condensing|
|Physical Specifications||48.26 cm x 16 cm x 4.45 cm (weight 143 gram)|