Designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals, Blackmagic Design's ATEM Television Studio Pro HD Live Production Switcher is an 8-input live production switcher with integrated control panel. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, with both sets of inputs supporting SD and HD resolution from both professional and consumer cameras. The relatively small chassis fits in a standard equipment rack, allowing it to be installed on a sliding rack shelf or packed into a "fly-away-kit" for use on location.
The control surface is replete with control buttons, knobs, and a fader bar. All this enables selecting camera inputs and controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. Inputs and outputs are located on the rear of the unit. PGM output is available via SDI while multiview can be sent via SDI or HDMI. An AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is great for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups.
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio Pro HD has built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in preprogrammed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.
- Luma key: Luma keys are sometimes known as "self" keys because the same video source is used for cutting the key and overlaying the video image. Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images together in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the 18 built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
|Total Video Inputs||8|
|Total Aux Outputs||1|
|SDI Rates||270Mb, 1.5G, 3G.|
|Total Audio Inputs||2 x XLR.|
|Total Audio Outputs||None, embedded audio only.|
|SDI Video Input||4 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.|
|HDMI Video Inputs||4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.|
|Reference Inputs||Tri-Sync or Black Burst.|
|Video Input Re-Sync||On all 8 inputs.|
|SDI Program Outputs||5 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable.|
|SDI Audio Outputs||2 Ch embedded into SDI output.|
|Multi View Monitoring||1|
|Multi View Video Standard||1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI.|
|Video Standards||525i59.94 NTSC 4:3 or 16:9, 625i50 PAL 4:3 or 16:9|
|HD Video Standards||720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080i50, 1080i59.94|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, 292M and 424M.|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2 10-bit|
|Color Precision||4:2:2 10-bit|
|Color Space||4:2:2 YUV|
|HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers||720 x 480i 59.94Hz, 720 x 576i 50Hz, 1280 x 720p 59.94Hz 50Hz and
1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97,30, 50, 59.94 and 1920 x1080i 50 and 59.94Hz 60Hz.
|Colorspace Conversion||Hardware based real time.|
|Processing Delay||6 Lines.|
|Audio Mixer||10 input x 2 channel mixer. Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video per channel plus separate gain control per channel.
Level and Peak metering.
Master gain control.
Headphone output level control with separate mix of Program, Talkback and Sidetone.
|Talkback Support||Built in, uses aviation headset.|
|Mix Minus Support||Yes, on 4 camera PGM outputs.|
|Transition Keyer (Stinger/DVE)||DVE only.|
|Total Number of Layers||5|
|DVE with 3D Borders & Drop Shadow||1|
|Interface||Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.|
|Number of Windows||1 x 10|
|Routable Windows||8 routable and 2 fixed for Program and Preview.|
|Tally||Red for program and green for preview indication.|
|Tally Output||Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included)|
|Windows Source Labels||Yes.|
|Multi View Monitoring||1 x 10 Views.|
|Multi View Video Standard||HD|
|Media Player||2, with non volatile flash memory.|
|Channels||Fill and key for each Media Player.|
|Media Pool Still Image Capacity||20 with fill and key.|
|Media Pool Still Image Format||PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.|
|Control Panel||Built in with camera control. Software panel included. Supports optional broadcast panel.|
|Control Panel Compatibilty||Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.|
|Control Panel Included||ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra or later and Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.|
|Software Updates||Using USB connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.|
|Configuration||Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite,
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later.
Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.
|Power Supply||1 x Internal 110 - 240V AC. 4 pin 12V DC.|
|Physical Specifications||42.3 cm x 30.2 cm (weight 4.2 kg)|
|Operating Temperature:||5° C to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature:||-20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)|
|Relative Humidity:||0% to 90% non-condensing|