A natural evolution of the legendary V-4 Compact Video Mixer
The EDIROL V-8 has all the features of the legendary V-4, such as, ease of use, high-quality digital processing of video, numerous video effects and BPM sync with music. This next generation video mixer includes new effects and expands the potential to new applications and dimensions.
DV Quality Video Outputs with Full Digital Processing
The internal processing of V-8 is 4:2:2 full-frame digital. More than 500 lines of video resolution ensure very high image quality after digital processing and mixing.
Direct input of computer signal
The V-8 has a built-in scan converter, providing direct input of RGB signals (VGA - UXGA) from two D-Sub terminals on the rear panel. With the selector switch located on the top panel, you can select between two computer sources.
Using the luminance key or chroma key, enables logos or text from your computer to be keyed over background video enabling the display of lyrics, bottom thirds, and announcements. Integrating computer graphics and visual applications with video sources has never been easier.
New Video Filters and Numerous Transitions
All your favorite effects like colorize and negative are included, along with newly added effects like feedback, afterimage, emboss, find edge and more. Composite two images with Picture-in-Picture and Luminance or Chroma keying. Customize your transitions between the A and B bus with multiple flavors of simple mix, hard or soft wipes, and the all-new stretch and slide transitions.
Independent faders on each bus as well as master output
Faders are independently equipped for both A/B buses allowing you to create a video fade on just one bus or adjust the various video effects parameters. The master fader control is a slider bar enabling quick and intuitive operation while working on the fly.
Next generation V-LINK control enables audio- follow
The V-8 can be remote controlled from EDIROL PR series video presenters as well as other Edirol Video Mixers. The V-8 can also send remote control signals to the new generation of Roland’s digital audio mixer RSS M-400 (V-Mixer). The motorized faders of M-400 automatically follow the video switching of the V-8 in perfect timing. Now you can have your audio sources follow your videos sources without scrambling to change two mixers at once.
The V-8 provides a one-unit solution to various facilities and applications.
In events that involve various types of exhibition or video performance, you can use the V-8 to switch between multiple live video sources and the video from a DVD or computer.
Concerts or VJ Performances
Images can be projected on a large screen located at the back of the stage to create a video performance that’s synchronized to the music. You can mix images from a PR-50/80 or computer (VJ software) with multiple live images.
You can switch between photos or DVD output, or superimpose images or text from your computer.
Background Video for a Musical Performance (Using V-LINK)
You can control background video (BGV) simultaneously while playing an instrument.
- Video Format
- NTSC or PAL (ITU601)
- PC-VGA Input
- 640 x 480/120 Hz, 800 x 600/120 Hz, 832 x 624/75 Hz, 1024 x 768/80 Hz, 1152 x 864/80 Hz, 1152 x 870/75 Hz, 1280 x 1024/75 Hz, 1600 x 1200/60 Hz (RGB VH: positive/negative logic) * VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 10 conform. * The refresh rate is the maximum value of each resolution.
- Video Sampling Rate
- Video: 4:2:2 (Y:B-Y:R-Y), 8-bit, 13.5 MHz
- Frame Synchronizer
- 2 systems
- Input Level and Impedance
- Video (composite): 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms S-video: (Luminance signal) 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms, (Chrominance signal) 0.286 Vp-p, 75 ohms (NTSC) / 0.3 Vp-p, 75 ohms (PAL) PC-RGB: 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms (H, V: 5 V TTL)
- Output Level and Impedance
- Video (composite): 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms S-video: (Luminance signal) 0 Vp-p, 75 ohms, (Chrominance signal) 0.286 Vp-p, 75 ohms (NTSC) / 0.3 Vp-p, 75 ohms (PAL)
- Input: Video (composite): BNC type x 7 (Ch 1 - 7) S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 4 (Ch 5 - 8), PC-RGB: D-SUB 15pin Shrink Type x 2 (Ch8: PC1 / PC2) * Inputs 5 - 8; however if S-video is simultaneously input to 5-8, S-video takes priority Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 2, S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 1 Preview Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 1 (OSD Menu) Monitor Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 8 (Ch 1 - 8)
- Remote Control Interfaces
- MIDI IN: 5-pin DIN type x 1, MIDI OUT/THRU: 5-pin DIN type x 1
- Transition effects (more than 200 types)
- Mix (Dissolve, Non-Additive Mix : NAM, Full-Additive Mix : FAM), Wipe (Hard edge wipe, Soft edge wipe), Key, Slide, Stretch, User Transition
- Video effects
- Still, Strobe, Afterimage, Feedback, Shake, Negative, Colorize, Find Edge, Silhouette, Mono Color, Emboss, Posterize, Color Pass, Luminance key, Chroma key, Flip, Multi, Mirror, Picture-in-picture
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor: Roland PSB-1U)
- Current Draw
- 2 A (Preliminary, AC Adaptor PSB-1U 0.4A)
- AC Adaptor, Power Cord, BNC to RCA video adapter x 4, mount screw for Video fader x 4, Owner's Manual
- Cross Fader: V-4CF
Size and Weight
- Width (W)
- 238 mm9-3/8 inches
- Depth (D)
- 315 mm12-7/16 inches
- Height (H)
- 134 mm5-5/16 inches
- 3.2 kg7 lbs. 1 oz.